July 14, 2018 at 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
Location: 12725 SW Millikan Way Beaverton OR 97005 Central Beaverton, stages will be located in close proximity to The Round
Debut of new work, Kiku Rasa, created in collaboration with Subashini Ganesan of Natya Leela.
BEAVERTON TEN TINY DANCES presents the work of exemplary contemporary and traditional choreographers on a 4’ x 4’ stage in non-conventional sites. This event engages, surprises, delights, and perhaps challenges the community around art in public spaces, and highlights the artistic and cultural diversity of Beaverton.
UNIT SOUZOU’s Resident Ensemble will debut a new work, Kiku Rasa, developed in collaboration with Subashini Ganesan of Natya Leela. Inspired by the Japanese and Sanskrit words kiku and rasa, the artists will explore the notion of “listening to the essence,” experimenting with movement, sound, structure, texture, and space, while staying rooted in the artists’ cultural voices and forms of taiko, Japanese folk dance, and South Indian Bharathanatyam classical dance.
- ALEXIS REALE | Traditional Egyptian Folkloric
- BALLET FOLKLORICO ACADEMY/GABRIELA GUERRA | Traditional Mexican Ballet Folklorico
- CRYSTAL JIKO SASAKI | Contemporary Ballet, Butoh
- JESSICA ZOLLER | Contemporary Modern
- LINDA AUSTIN & STEPHANIE LAVON TROTTER | Contemporary Experimental
- MELANIE SANDERSON | Traditional & Modern Step Irish
- MICAH CHERMAK | Contemporary Ballet
- MICHELLE FUJII/UNIT SOUZOU & SUBASHINI GANESAN/NATYA LEELA | Traditional Taiko, Minzoku Buyo (Japanese folk), Bharatanatyam (South Indian)
- MUSIC IN A DAY | Traditional Break Dance & Beatbox
- StuRu | Contemporary Improvisational Contact